"...Everyone Is Entitled To My Opinion." ~Madonna

Sunday, January 13, 2013

SHOW: Wise Cracker Comedy Club/Fundraiser


A group of us went to Wise Cracker Comedy Club this weekend and actually laughed until we hurt. This was my first visit and I had such a good time that I had to share the fun with you. Some of my past experiences with comedy clubs have been disappointing, so I was not expecting a lot. Saturday night was an enjoyable surprise.


Quinn Patterson was the opening act and I can picture his becoming a headliner in the near future. Quinn is a comic who is not overly angry, uncomfortably vulgar, or extremely racist. His stories may be from a black perspective, but they are stories that all of the audience could relate to. He simply depended on his keen eye for the human situation to be funny and it worked.


Headliner Paul Venier was not afraid to pass the line of good taste into the realm of political incorrectness and vulgarity and the audience loved it. He was amazing. First of all, (actually I will not tell you about his VERY first appearance on stage, you would have to see that for yourself) he chose ten or fifteen members of the audience. After getting the person’s name, occupation, and a little personal information, Venier was able to work the information into the show. As I said, “Amazing”.

He had jokes for every occupation from policeman to dentist……well, actually some very bad puns. His use of props was clever, his humor outrageous, and his music talent impressive. I would suggest that you check Paul Venier out; you will laugh until you hurt also.


Wise Crackers is located at Celebration Hall every weekend. A cash bar and complimentary buffet are available. Our group went this particular Saturday because it was a fund raiser for the Wounded Warriors and I understand that various groups use this venue as a fund raiser. To check their schedule or to make reservations, you can call them at 1-866-424-2411. Believe me, it was an evening well spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment